Friday, August 7, 2009

Where's the mentor and where's the passion?

Today I sat in my seminar class and it was that moment when I wanted to blog really badly.

My soul is dead,
When I thought,
Art could bring it back to life,
It was commercial,
The journey to self discovery got lost.

It is as important as science,
As they often coincide,
Where's the passion,wheres my soul?
Wheres my mentor,
I dont know.

Please wake me up,
And show me the light,
Right now,
Im living a life full of lies.
*I suck at poetry but really I had to express myself.

Inspiration: Mai ni mein (By Shah Hussain)

Mai ne main kinon aakhaan, Dard vichore da hall ni
O mother O mother, who do I tell, this pain of separation

Dhuan dhukhay mairay murshid wala, Jaan phoulaan taan laal ni
My Maste’rs fire smoulders, if I poke, its red hot

Soolan mar dewani keeti, Birhoun peya saday khayali
Driven mad with spikes,Pain of separation fills my thoughts

Dukhan di roti, Soolaan da saalan, Aahen da baalan baal
Bread of sadness, sauce of spikes, make a fire of laments

Jungle bailay phiraan dhoudaindi ajay na paayo lal
wandered jungles and deserts but not found the ruby

Ranjhan Ranjhan phiraan dhoudaindi, Ranjhan mairay nalwander
looking for Ranjhan Ranjhan, But Ranjhan is with me

Kahay Hussain faqeer nimanaa, Shoh milay taan theevan nihaal
Says Hussain the poor faqeer, Meeting God would be ecstasy


Ive been listening to this kalaam without knowing its importance since a long time and thanks to my father who introduced me to it. He used to play the cassette often. Its in hype because Atif sang it recently.Well, no doubt he did a good job in the Coke Studio session. I was mesmerised.

No comments:

Post a Comment