Monday, May 31, 2010

Raat aegi (The night will come)


Disclaimer: This post will jump from topic to topic and might not make sense.

I think Junaid Jamshed was one of the finest musicians of our country, I can listen to him on repeat, honestly. Ironically my favourite genre of music is rock but I dont know who Iam anymore. I dont know what I want, who I want. Im an escapist. There is soo much shit happening around the world and seems like there will never be peace because people want money and just money.

I dream but there is no passion in me. Neither do I love with passion nor do I hate with passion. They all are plans and they might die with me. Realisation of the former fact can only come when one sees contrast, sees people with passion do what they love with their heart and soul.

Recently my college had a talent night organised by the freshmen. I truly was mesmerised when I heard one of their guitar player. The boy is a true artist and truly talented. He guitar slapped and God knows what but that piece was mesmerising. It had contrast, scale change, rhythm and a smooth transition.

I want to act, sing, photograph, dance, travel the world, be a social activist, I want to design,write, create. But where is my passion?

1 comment:

  1. i have been following your blog for long... i tried once sending a comment... some technical glitch prevented me n i was disappointed... i wanned to share.. to simply say wat u write makes me happy... not necessarily a happy thought resultant, more like the reason i am compelled to write to you... i read this piece and i thot.... this is exactly how i feel... fleeting thoughts... u wrote something disconnected once earlier too....
    reading your blog acquainted me to the name to the irritation i have felt so many times... "A WRITER'S BLOCK" ....
    is it you who has translated that song aik alif?
    i dunno your name... nor ur age... wat you do... i think maybe you're from Pakistan... but u seem like one of my kind...

    ReplyDelete